Followers

Friday 16 December 2016

November & Beginning of December 2016 - Catch Up

These are the projects I have been working on since my last update.

I had a new start on Royal Orchid - Tiny Treasure Diamond - Mill Hill - as kitted.  This is what it will look like when finished.


This is the progress I made - not very much at all.  I cannot stitch in hand except for on plastic canvas or perforated paper so I need to get myself a little hoop to put this in - the fabric is only 5 x 5 inches so it will need to be a little hoop.  Also the finishing instructions on this are wild - it's going to take some concentration to work those out.


Another new start was Butterfly Lace from Cross Stitcher magazine.  I am stitching it on 28 count Jazlyn in Mushroom from Zweigart with the charted DMC.  Here's what it will look like then it's finished.

And my progress

My third new start was A Year at Hawk Run Hollow from Carriage House Samplings.  I am stitching this 1 over 1 full crosses on 20 count Bellana in Wild Porcini from Jodyri Designs.  I have stitched the border in a hand dyed thread called Nevermore also from Jodyri Designs.


I worked on Learning Sampler from Northern Expressions Needleworks and am really pleased with the progress I made.  I now have the first 9 bands finished!



I worked on Stained Glass from Love Thy Thread.


I also worked on Nautical Year from the book Sand Sea and Cross Stitch.


I had a finish - Needleworker from Little House Needleworks.  I started this on 1st June 2016 and finished on 4th December 2016.  I stitched this on 32 count Belfast in Light Sand.  This was my first time working on linen and although I didn't love it I didn't hate it either.  It is stitched with the charted floss.


I also had a second finish!  Twisted Band Sampler from Northern Expressions Needlework.  I had such a small amount left to stitch on this that when I pulled it out I couldn't believe I hadn't finished it before.  It was the Queen stitch band that had stalled me though but I pushed through and got it finished.


I don't know if I will get another post in before Christmas so I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy holiday season.

Keep stitching and smiling.

Nic
xoxo

4 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Everything is beautiful! Merry Christmas. May you and those you love be blessed.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work over the last few weeks. Congratulations on the Happy Dances, the Twisted Band Sampler is gorgeous.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful progress and 2 excellent finishes! Plus I love your new starts, especially that gorgeous butterfly.

Heather said...

Wow Nic so many beautiful pieces! I adore the butterfly as that's a new one for me :)