Followers

Sunday 17 July 2016

Stitching - week ending 17.07.16

So it may not come as a surprise to anyone that I have changed my mind about how I am rotating my projects.

I am going to try a SAL orientated rotation and so far this week it seems to be working quite nicely.

The first project I worked on was part of a SAL in Stitch Maynia called It's a Sunshine Day.  For this SAL I chose a kit by Michael Powell called Mini Beach Hut in Moonlight.  I have to say I am rather obsessed with Beach Huts as when I was a child we always used to go to Boscombe and rent a Beach Hut and we basically spent all day everyday on the beach.  This is a month long SAL so I am working on this project for an hour a day most days.

Here's what it will look like when it's finished:-


And here's where I am up to after stitching on it for 3 hours over 3 days.


The next project was for the Teresa Wentzler SAL in Cross Stitch and Discuss.  I started English Cottage Sampler and I only worked on this for one day.

Here's what it will look like finished:-


And here's where I got to after one day stitching on it:-


Then on Friday I started the Weekend Rush from Cross Stitch Finish Line.  For this I stitched on Mini Bookworm Fairy by Hannah Lynn.  I managed to stitch 870 stitches over the weekend on this.

Here's what it will look like finished:-


Before the weekend:-

After the weekend:-

Then because I am completely crazy I started the Crazy 7 SAL in Cross Stitch and Discuss - 7 new starts in 7 days.

Day 1 start - H by Nora Corbett

and what I got stitched:


Day 2 of the Crazy Challenge - J by Nora Corbett

and what I got done


I've also been stitching on Frog number 4 for the KLT Mystery SAL but obviously won't be able to show pictures of that until it's released.

So coming up next week we have the rest of the Crazy 7, the ongoing It's a Sunshine Day SAL, also the Specialty Stitch SAL on 22nd July and the Back in Black SAL on 24th July.  Should be interesting and I definitely won't get bored!

Keep stitching and smiling

5 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, definitely a change of pace, and nice choices on the new starts!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on all your pieces! The J looks rather familiar LOL.

I've noted down quite a few of the themed SALS in my diary, they are so much fun.

Mii Stitch said...

Love the fairy from HaED :)

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG Nic you're completely insane. I totally adore you!! I'm not surprised you've changed your rotation. Us lunatic stitchers probably change our rotations at least as many times as we have wips. They all look amazing and going to be fun to stitch and watch progress. I really like the English Cottage sampler, looking forward to more of that one.
xox Alicia

Heather said...

Lovely progress on everything :)