Followers

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Stargazer - Mirabilia - 14.06.16

You may remember the last time I worked on Stargazer I had started stitching the hands over one.  When I was due to start the project again I really didn't want to go back to it and I realised it was due to the over one skin.

I decided to start working on the skirt instead of going back to the over one skin.  After a lot of thought I decided to unpick the over one I had done and just go with everything stitched over 2.  Well after 4 hours of unpicking it was finally done and I got back to stitching it over 2.  I feel so much more comfortable with the project now and am enjoying it once again.  Here's my before and after pictures from working on it for the last few days.



I love how this design is coming together on the fabric.  It's called Regal Peacock and it's from Jodyri Designs.

My next project to work on is the Halloween Mystery SAL from Jodyri Designs which I won't be able to show until it's released.  Not sure what's coming up after that yet.

Keep stitching and smiling


8 comments:

D1-D2 said...

Not everyone enjoys stitching over one. I like doing it, but I will admit that stitching nothing but beige for days at a time is boring. Your stargazer looks just as beautiful stitched over 2 :)

Heather said...

Beautiful progress!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful!
I also love your choice of fabric colour.

Tiffstitch said...

She looks beautiful, and no one would know you'd changed anything on the hands, very neat work!

Sandie said...

I know what you mean about 1 x 1 stitching for hands etc. I've just completed the face on my L&L Fairy Grandmother. As I was stitching I realised that I could see better by looking over the top of my glasses! Yours looks great stitched the way YOU want to.

Justine said...

Beautiful! I don't think any of these designs need over one stitching but I admire those that try!

The Crafty Princess said...

So beautiful! You're stitching is going in leaps and bounds with all your beautiful projects. And this one is just as beautiful. Gotta love the Peacocks LOL!

Great wip stunner

xox Alicia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on Stargazer. Personally I love the over one skin but I do a lot of over 1 anyway. Is the fabric a linen or evenweave? I don't like the way over 1 skin looks on linen. Murano is my alltime favourite fabric.

Every time I see one of the larger Mirabilias I really want to start another one!