Followers

Saturday 8 February 2014

Too many projects too little time

No stitching update from me this week as I didn't get much stitching done.

I have a question though and I'd love to hear any ideas you might have.  How do you work out what projects you want to work on?

I currently have four projects in rotation.  Numerous WIPs and UFOs and too many to even contemplate projects I want to start.  From one minute to the next the project that is calling me the loudest changes.  At the moment I've got another three projects that I want to start "right now".

Then I'm browsing on line and I see more and more gorgeous projects that I would like to do.  Thoughts pop into my head of stitching certain things for certain people and then I spend hours (like this afternoon) browsing the internet looking for suitable things for me to stitch.  If I actually looked at the patterns, fabric and threads I already have I could probably find a suitable project for any person/occasion.

So please comment and let me know if you've found the magical solution to organising your projects so that you don't spend time you could be stitching looking at new stash and thinking about all the extra things you could be buying.

If anyone comes up with the solution there will be a prize!

Keep stitching, smiling and destashing


7 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

Afraid I don't have much of a method, I just stitch on what makes me happy - it is a hobby for enjoyment after all! :)

CalamityJr said...

If anyone comes up with a solution, she should be sainted!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I am soooo bad for spending hours online looking at charts, then wondering why I never have time to stitch. :P

I have set projects for the month to stitch on. That way, when I'm hanging out to stitch another project it's only weeks away.

Unknown said...

If there is a solution to this, I need it! :)

SoCal Debbie said...

I have SALs where I stitch a WIP on a certain day of the week. Then I have other projects where I post an update once a month so I try to stitch a little on those sometime. Then I stitch anything else I feel like whenever I feel like it. Not much of a routine!

All my WIPs are listed with numbers, and one month I used the Random Number Generator to pick a number each day and that is what I stitched on! I'm going to do this again next month for the March Madness Theme-a-Licious month!

Sharon said...

I have found that making a list of what I really want to stitch helps keep me a little more focused. But that looking online, getting more projects...well I don't think there is any help for that-LOL Just try to enjoy the journey-something I keep telling myself over and over.

The Crafty Princess said...

This year I abandoned all rotations and schedules. Instead I'm using all the SAL's that other bloggers have organised to help me get some of my wips done. YOTA, Wipocalypse, IHSW and one I'm doing with Kim. I have a project for each and assign a few days a month for each. For the rest of the time I just pick up what sings the loudest, longest and feels like it would be fun at the time!

Enjoy yourself
Alicia xo