Followers

Friday 27 December 2013

Review of 2013

I've not posted as much as I would like to this blog during 2013 but I decided as the end of the year is approaching I would go back and review the projects I've been working on during the year and show you photos of where I am up to with them now.

My plan for 2014 is to take part in the Stitch from Stash challenge so I'll be limited to a budget of how much I can spend on new stash during 2014.  It's about time I have some finishes from the stash I have rather than keep buying new stuff.

So here's my review of 2013.

WIPs

Perpetual Calendar - Samsarah Designs

This is the eight designs which I have completely finished.


Sleeping Beauty's Castle - Chatelaine


Dragon Dance - Paine Free Crafts

Not worked on this for a long while.  It's harder than I thought stitching on black aida but will hopefully get chance to pick it up again in the New Year.


Merry Christmas by the Letter - Lizzie Kate

Another one that didn't get much attention during 2013.


Black & White - Maggi Co's Village

Started this as a present for a friend but it got lost in the world of UFOs!


Learning Sampler - Northern Expressions Needlework

This is one I started this year but having completed quite a few sections in my colour selection I decided I didn't like the colours I'd chosen.  The first picture is where I got up to with my first colour choices - the majority of which is now unpicked and the second picture is where I'm up to with my new colour choices which I like much more.



FINISHES

Gerbera Daisies - Just Cross Stitch Magazine


This was a very long-term WIP that I have been stitching.  My favourite flowers are gerberas and as soon as I saw this design I loved it.  The colours are amazing and so vibrant.  I've not decided how to finish this yet but I can see it being made into a cushion - hopefully during 2014!


Friends Heart - Alessandra Adelaide


This was a free design for the Alessandra Adelaide Facebook group.  When I saw this design I instantly loved it and had to start it straight away.  I think it was one of the quickest designs I have ever finished as I stitched on it everyday.  I also knew straight away that I was going to give it to a good friend and this inspired me to keep stitching on it.


Heartz SAL - Thread Pickerz Silkz


This was another free design from the Thread Pickerz Silkz Facebook group.  One heart was released each week and it was great fun.  I enjoyed picking the different colours for each heart.  I added the border myself from a book I had already.  I'm still not sure how I'm going to finish this one off but again could see it being a cushion.


Damask - Jodyri Designs


I was delighted to stitch a model of a design called Damask from Jodyri Designs for my good friend Michelle.  I tried to add different texture with the variegated threads by stitching the different sections in different directions.  I can see this one hanging on the wall in my bedroom someday.


I Still Do - Ink Circles


This year it was my parents 40th Wedding Anniversary.  I am so proud that my parents are still married after 40 years as so many of my friends parents have split up.  My sister and I stitched this together and I think that makes it even more special.  We would each spend a week stitching on it and then swap over.  We gave it to my parents in August on their anniversary and I am delighted to say they loved it.  Every time I go round to there house I spend a little time looking at it on the wall and love the memories of stitching it.

NEW STARTS NOT PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED ON MY BLOG

Model - Northern Expressions Needlework

This is a model I am working on of an as yet unpublished design from Northern Expressions Needlework.  I am stitching over 2 on 40 count linen for the first time and have been surprised at how easy I am finding it.


Christmas Mystery 2013 - Lizzie Kate

I completed part 2 on 19.12.13 - this will definitely be finished and framed for Christmas 2014.


Promise Me - Lizzie Kate

I stitched this for a friend as part of a Secret Santa exchange and forgot to take a photo of it before I wrapped it up.  I haven't finished it yet as I want her to decide if she wants it framing or making into a cushion or something like that.  So once I get it back I will take a picture of my stitching but for now this is a stock photo from the internet.



Keep stitching and smiling


7 comments:

Blu said...

Lots of gorgeous stitching! I'll be adding a lot these to my wishlist (not sure if I should be thanking you or shaking my fist at you lol)

sharine said...

Lots of awesome stitching:)

Unknown said...

Awesome work, well done and here's to a much better year for you this coming year! xx

Mama Dog said...

Such a lot of your beautiful stitching this year! Hoping a great year of stitching for you in 2014.

Minnie said...

Beautiful stitching. Have a Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Gorgeous stitching. Happy New Year.

The Crafty Princess said...

Wow you have had a great year!!
Beautiful stitching and quite a few finishes to boast. Great work stunner.
Have a fantastic new year!!
Alicia xox