Followers

Saturday 12 May 2012

Sleeping Beauty's Castle as of 12.05.12

I've spent my last 10 stitching hours working on Sleeping Beauty's Castle.  I'm still working on the cross stitching on part 1 but have started using some of the recommended silks.  I've never sewn with silks before so didn't really know what to expect but I absolutely love them - they glide through the fabric so easily and I love love love them.  I keep telling myself not to get too used to sewing with them as I can't afford to switch all my projects to silk - plus I've got hundreds of skeins of DMC and Anchor that need using up!

So here's the most recent picture of my chatelaine and if you want to see all the progress pictures up to this point please see my chatelaine page.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress, the colours are beautiful!

Topcho said...

Oh it's beautiful! Thosse silks look really great!

Jan Gartlan said...

Gorgeous! I haven't stitched with silks yet so great to hear you loved them.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :)

Ewa said...

OOOOOOOH! I felt that way when I started with silks, too. They glide so smoothly and lie so perfectly and if they're variegated it's a pleasure to see each stitch form and look at what color it's going to turn into next.