Followers

Sunday 14 August 2011

A Non Stitchy Post

I hope you will all indulge me with this post as it isn't really related to stitching.  I first became aware of Lisa Steinke's art through HAED when I fell in love with this design.


It first caught my eye because of the colour, my favourite colour is purple, I also love butterflies and I have always wanted to stitch something with Live, Laugh, Love.  So I added the design to my ever increasing wish list and didn't think too much more about it.  Then the other day on Facebook Michele Sayetta was tagged in a photo, it's not a great image on here because I've had to use the Facebook photo.


This image really spoke to my heart.  I have had depression for a long long time and unfortunately also suffered with postnatal depression following the birth of my son.  He is now 19 months old and I still have down days but recently I had decided to let these thoughts go when I started feeling them.  When I saw this image on Facebook it literally took my breath away as it seemed to be there just for me.  I am finding it hard to put into words exactly how it made me feel.  I immediately contacted the artist Lisa Steinke and requested to be her friend, I looked at her other images on Facebook and looked for more of her art on the internet.

I then came across these images which also spoke to me.







I hope you will forgive me this self-indulgent post and go and see Lisa's art for yourself.  Her new website is http://www.lisasteinkeart.com/

I hope HAED will chart more of these designs and as I can guarantee they will be added to my stash and I'm going to be saving up to buy some of Lisa's prints so that I can have this gorgeous designs hanging on my walls even if I don't get round to stitching them.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading!



5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely post! Gorgeous artwork too.
Sorry to hear about the PND. Childbirth is tough, esp the first one as your life changes so much so quickly.
Keep these prints where you can see them everyday, on your phone or your computer wallpaper.

Nic said...

Thanks Jo - things are a lot better than there were I'm happy to say but I wish I could go back to those early days and appreciate my newborn baby :-(

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

TBH, newborns are a bit over-rated! Sure they're snuggly and cuddly and cute. But they don't do much! I never get broody round babies. Toddlers are much more fun LOL. And I know at least three four year old girls I would quite happily steal! And wait until he's 8 - from 5 til teenage they're brilliant, really good company (apart from the bodily function jokes!).
Not going to comment on the teenage years.... just hope they don't take after us.

Sara said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures, and I'm sorry to hear about the PND, I'm glad to hear that you are overcoming it and I bet that with these images (stitched or not) around you you'll always feel better :)

Joysze said...

I agree with you.... these are lovely!! I'm glad that they've touched you and helped you feel better. *hugs*